Chapter 6. Meet your new project: The Blend
This chapter covers
- Previewing the functionality of The Blend
- Establishing a technical design based on business requirements
- Setting up your development environment
- Configuring the InMemory server with custom content types
- Adding login/logout to The Blend and connecting to the repository
This chapter introduces you to the project you’re going to tackle using CMIS and Apache Chemistry. The project is a collaborative music- and art-sharing application called The Blend. By the end of the chapter, you’ll understand the business requirements and the technical design of the application. You also will have set up your development environment and configured the OpenCMIS InMemory Repository to be ready to store the content for the application. Finally, you’ll take the first steps toward coding the application by creating a new web application project and writing the code necessary to log in, connect to the repository, and log out.