Chapter 1. Introducing Electron
This chapter covers
- Understanding what Electron is
- Learning which technologies Electron is built on
- Understanding how using Electron differs from traditional web applications
- Structuring Electron applications
- Using Electron in production to build real-world applications
For a long time, building for the desktop has involved adopting a completely different skill set. Many of us don’t have the bandwidth to take on the long learning curve necessary for learning new languages and frameworks. With Electron, you can use your existing skills as a web developer to build applications that have many of the capabilities of a native desktop application.